Medical Imaging Technology at Virginia Urology
Our team of subspecialist imagers and radiologists at Virginia Urology employ the latest imaging technology and scanning techniques to ensure that our patients always experience unparalleled care. Our radiologists and registered technologists use medical imaging technology to diagnose and treat a wide variety of diseases. Some of this medical imaging technology includes:
- Computed Tomography – With our state-of-the-art 64 slice computed tomography (CT) scanner we tailor each scan to individual patients utilizing weight-based dose reduction for radiation techniques resulting in the highest quality scans with the least possible radiation and contrast doses. The CT produces high resolution images that can be viewed in a three-dimensional format anywhere in the practice. Our GU specialist radiologists read these exams and the department is fully accredited. In addition, we also can provide lung cancer screenings upon request at Virginia Urology.
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) – With our Siemens Skyra Wide and Short bore 3T MRI, we are able to perform prostate imaging without the need of an endorectal coil.
- Ultrasound – Ultrasound imaging is safe and painless. Ultrasounds create pictures of the inside of the body using sound waves. Renal, scrotal, pelvic, and prostate exams are performed by registered technologist and read by our GU specialty radiologists. The department is fully accredited by the American College of Radiology. In addition, we also offer MRI/US FUSION prostate biopsies.
- X-Ray – Virginia Urology has five convenient locations offering digital X-ray exams.
- Positron Emission Tomography /Computed Tomography (PET/CT) – a type of nuclear medicine imaging. PET scans are combined with CT which increases diagnostic accuracy and specificity by allowing the information from two different studies to be correlated and interpreted on one image.
CT Scans, PET/CT scans, MRI, ultrasounds and radiology technology are used to help our Virginia Urology physicians make rapid and accurate diagnoses for the betterment of your overall health. To learn more about how the technology and services can help your health, please do not hesitate to contact Virginia Urology today.
Learn More about Our Radiology Services
At Virginia Urology, our commitment is to our patients’ comfort and safety throughout any procedure or exam. With our fully-accredited, state-of-the-art technology, we are able to provide patients with services that can best suit individual needs.
For more information about our radiation services and other procedures available at Virginia Urology, please contact our team of expert physicians today at 804-330-9105.